Recipe: Chilaquiles Rojos with Mayan Pantry
We've teamed up with our friends over at Mayan Pantry to get you cooking a mouth watering Mexican dish...
This recipe serves 2-3 and goes great with a fresh margarita!
1 jar Salsa Roja from Mayan Pantry
1 large pasture raised chicken breast (~1 lb)
1 bag of tortilla chips
2-3 tablespoons of sour cream or cotija cheese
Your choice of garnish: radish, cilantro, and marinated onions are some ideas
1. Prepare chicken breast by seasoning with salt and pepper and poaching in a medium pot, covering the chicken with an inch of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and shred with an electric mixer or with a fork and set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat a full jar of Salsa Roja on medium heat and bring to a low boil. At the first sign of bubbling, turn the heat off. Add tortilla chips to the sauce and stir, ensuring all tortilla chips are coated with Salsa Roja.
4. Plate the Salsa Roja covered tortilla chips. Add shredded chicken generously on top of the tortilla chips.
5. Drizzle or dollop sour cream or add crumbled cotija cheese. Garnish according to your preference with marinated or raw onions, cilantro or sliced radishes.
6. Enjoy and buen provecho!